Read our best collection of Thomas Edison Quotes about success and failure in life and career. These quotes will really inspire you to give yourself one more try.
Thomas Edison Quotes
1. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
2. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
3. Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% percent perspiration.
4. There is no substitute for hard work.
5. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
6. The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.
7. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
8. If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.
9. The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.
10. The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are: first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.
11. I failed my way to success.
12. Vision without execution is hallucination.
13. Discontent is the first necessity of progress
14. Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.
15. There’s a way to do it better – find it.
16. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.
17. To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
18. What you are will show in what you do.
Thomas Edison Inspiration
19. Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work.
20. What a man’s mind create, man’s character can control.
21. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.
22. I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.
23. The value of an idea lies in the using of it.
24. I’ve never made a mistake. I’ve only learned from experience.
25. Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.
26. Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious.
27. Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so called scientific knowledge.
28. When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.
29. Because I readily absorb ideas from every source – frequently starting where the last person left off – I never pick up an item without thinking of how I might improve it.
30. There ain’t no rules around here! We’re trying to accomplish something.
31. I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.
Everything Comes To Him Who Hustles While He Waits.
33. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
34. I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
35. The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.
36. I make more mistakes than anyone else I know. And, sooner or later, I patent most of them.