Unless you learn to respect others, you do not get respect and you can respect others only if you have self-respect in you. Read these quotes about respect to understand the value of respect.
Quotes About Respect
1. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy.
2. Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.
3. Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love.
4. If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value.
5. I respect a person who respects me when I’m not around.
6. Respect yourself enough to say I deserve peace. Walk away from people or things that prevent you from attaining it.
7. It is not about being all the same. It’s about respecting differences.
8. Someone who can’t answer your questions without getting defensive is often keeping way more from you than an answer.
9. Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.
10. Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.
11. It costs nothing to treat someone with respect.
12. Being a good person does who not mean you have to put up with other people’s crap.
13. When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder stay around people who don’t.
14. When people treat you like they don’t care, believe them.
15. I never knew how strong I was until I had to forgive someone who wasn’t sorry, and accept an apology I never received.
16. Don’t be the girl who needs a man be the girl a man needs.
Famous Respect Quotes
17. If you’re wrong, own up to what you didn’t do right. That’s how you learn and earn respect.
18. Self absorbed people only think about what makes them feel good at the moment-they don’t have any respect or regard for anyone else. Then they wonder why their relationships fail.
19. Sometimes it’s not ego, it’s self respect.
20. Without communication there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there’s no reason to continue.
21. Respect yourself enough to know you deserve the very best.
22. She’s been through hell and came out an angel. You didn’t break her, darling. You don’t own that kind of power.
23. Find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served.
24. Don’t allow someone to treat you poorly just because you love them.
25. Don’t allow someone to make you feel like you’re not good enough.
26. You can’t force someone to respect you, but you can refuse to be disrespected.
27. It’s not only what you say. It’s also how you say it.
28. I am not like everyone else. I don’t pretend to be. I don’t want to be I am me.
29. Stop stressing over shitty people.
30. The respect you show to others is an immediate reflection on your self respect.
Self- Respect Quotes
31. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
32. I never cared about the material things someone could give me. I care about time, attention, honesty, loyalty and effort. Those gifts mean more than anything money could buy.
33. Sometimes I get to the point of frustration, that I just become silent.
34. Self love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.
35. It is never about me being right and you being wrong. It is always about listening with respect to another’s opinion.
36. A person becomes 10 times attractive not by their looks but by their acts of kindness, love, respect, honesty and loyalty they show.
37. Cutting people out of my life doesn’t mean I hate them. It means I respect myself.
38. You don’t have to prove yourself to anyone. Just be you and the right people will love you for it.
39. Anyone who truly wants to be in your life will respect your boundaries period.
40. I’m learning how to walk away from situations or people who threaten my peace of mind, self-respect, or self-worth.