New York is the largest city in the United States, and it is also known as the cultural and financial capital of the world. Every year, tourists from all over the world travel to New York. Do you know about this city that never sleeps? Today, you will discover the 12 interesting facts of New York City.
Interesting Facts About New York
1. In many countries, naked upper body is considered shameful and even immoral. But it is very interesting that it is not illegal to expose the upper body in New York. In 2018, there was even a “topless parade” where people were exposed to the upper body.
2. New York is also called Big Apple. New York City has more than 800 languages, making it the most diverse city in the world. It is also a multicultural city!
3. Small crustaceans can be found in drinking water because the water is not filtered, but it is still pure enough to be drunk.
4. In addition, New York is also the world’s most billionaire, with one in every 21 New Yorkers being a millionaire.
5. In addition to emergency situations, it is illegal to honk in New York City.
6. There are more Chinese living in New York than any other city outside Asia, and there are more Jews living there than any other city outside Israel.
7. In 1895, the first pizza restaurant in the United States opened in New York. Since the 1960s, the price of a pizza has been about the same as that of a subway. Economists call this the principle of pizza.
Facts About New York City For Kids
8. The New York Public Library has more than 50 million books and other items, and it is the third largest library in the world.
9. New York City consists of five districts: Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island. New York City is the largest city in the United States, and New York has 15 times more snowfall than Antarctica.
10. Einstein’s brain and eyeballs are kept in a safe in the city.
11. The first Europeans to settle in New York were Dutch, and the average rent for a bedroom in Manhattan was $3,400.
12. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York City has the world’s largest gold reserve.
13. In New York, there are more women than men.
14. The Empire State Building is hit by lightning for about 23 times a year.
15. Times Square is named after the New York Times.
Share these interesting facts about New York city With your friends